We have the pleasure to announce the opening of IOS Village and Hotel. Our future guests will be expecting to see visible signs that we have taken all reasonable steps to keep them safe whilst they are in our hotel and all the ventures in the village, restaurants, bar and boutiques. Hygiene, safety and security are now of paramount importance. The most important is not only to show that our guest are safe but are safe indeed. The following precautions are designed to help our hotels and ventures, plan and mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The below measures contain clear information and recommendations on adjusting operation procedures. Highlining new ideas of how our Hotel and Village can react to the changes. This is just a base; it will see many evolutions in the coming weeks based on practices. IOS village and Hotel is working with International Hygiene & Safety audit experts in the field of hotel risk management to implement the “Prevention of Spread of Infection” (POSI) management system. The toolkit’s technical references are the WHO, CDC and the Egyptian Ministry of Health (MoH):
General Disinfection for Hotels:
- Under the COVID-19 outbreak, general disinfection procedures are done by TUV NORD with special consideration given to the application of cleaning and sanitation measures in all hotel’s areas. We disinfect frequently the building entrances, public areas, rooms, back of the house areas, vehicles and special attention is given to high touch areas.
Human Resources and Staff Training:
- Special training programs based on the concept “Support the Hotels” are held on regular basis for all hotel’s employees. They include all measures, precautions, procedures, recommendations how to handle the situation professionally and how to protect our staff members and our guests
Reception and Concierge:
- Providing awareness signs/leaflets about ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection and official updated travel information. Full sterilization process and suspending a lot of services to contain the pandemic as much as possible. Measuring everyone’s body temperature regularly and having an index with telephone numbers of all hospitals, medical and assistance centers, in case of any illness. Past travel records within the last 14 days are obtained from each check-in guest for record.
- At the entrance of the village every guest has body temperature test, shoes and hands are being disinfected, is given a free mask and gloves. All the luggage is also being disinfected.
- At the reception and lobby sings about ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection are on the floor to assure social distance. We are avoiding as much as possible any kind of personal contact.
- Having a sanitary hotel room is important under normal circumstances but with Coronavirus cases mounting in the world, it is a crucial way of helping protect our guests from picking up the COVID-19. Providing a steam machine to disinfect furniture and relying on self-service in cleaning rooms. Housekeeping team is regularly trained on IOS Village and Hotel procedure and how to handle infected or suspected rooms.
- A distance of 2 empty rooms between occupied room is applied
- To avoid any entrance in the room to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection all kind of intern items are requested by the guest.
- Different measures from food preparation to dining experience have been implemented to ensure food hygiene safety. Set menus and a la carte menus to replace the standard open buffets, by maintaining the highest levels of cleaning across our buffets. Dining tables and chairs are sanitized with designated disinfectant before serving new guests, so our guests can find a pleasant and safe dining experience at all restaurants.
- A special time slot will be given to our guest for breakfast to prevent gathering in the dinning room
Maintenance, Safety and Security:
- All hotel equipment and facilities have been sanitized, air-conditioning and water disinfection process are strictly applied. Maintenance of pest control, fire and food safety
- Signage with information and instructions of how to prevent the pandemic spread
- Providing full instructions to follow the hotel protocol including strict cleaning and disinfection plan and Staff COVID-19 Protocol. Having enough personal hygiene facilities as hand soaps and hand sanitizers. Maintaining social distance and remind guest of hand sanitizer before leaving
- Suppliers of goods and services as well as contractors follow safe systems of work to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Good communication with suppliers to secure all the required supplies
- To allow hotels to execute flawlessly, it is recommended that the hygiene team support the hotel’s overall operation and help management to apply the guidelines smoothly. The hygiene team must be knowledgeable about COVID-19 and its prevention
General Manager’s Role:
- Takes appropriate corrective and preventive actions and continually improves the effectiveness of the program, by making sure that all his staff members are highly aware of their roles and familiar with the program requirements to ensure everyone’s safety and health
- A crisis team involving members of each relevant department (HODs) can support management in the implementation of the action plan and timely identification of required adjustments. This will enable the hotel to operate smoothly and still meet guest’s expectation while maintaining a high level of hygiene in the hotel
In Case of an Infected Person at the Hotel:
- A continued stay of the sick person in the establishment is not recommended. The person can be isolated in the clinic on a temporary basis until the intervention of a hotel doctor or local health authorities, and provided the room is not shared with other guests. No visitors should be permitted to enter the room occupied by the affected guest
Documents and Records:
- Creating and updating the COVID-19 related documents, consider plans and procedures that should be in place. Ensure that documents and records are retained for at least 6 months for traceability. Ensure compliance to government orders, guidelines and health advisories on the COVID-19
- This includes face masks, gloves, thermometers, hand gel, hair net, eye protection, long sleeve gown, disposable aprons, disinfectants for all departments. Steam machine for soft furniture and floor markings for any place where social distance is required
Application of the Protocol:
- All IOS Village and Hotel are required to apply this protocol which is based on WHO, CDC and the Egyptian Ministry of Health’s (MoH) instructions. Additional plans or information can be added according to each hotel
We Wish you a happy and safe stay at IOS Village and Hotel